Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Raiders to join County schools?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Raiders to join County schools?

    Strolling thru the minutes from the latest meeting on the site, I ran across a suggestion(for JIB) to join the County school system Minutes page 3 , anyone from JIB have an opinion on this?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders to join County schools?

    as an old Raider I wouldn't like it very much. I would love to see Norton stay as a city school. But looking at it from other points if it gives the school kids "MORE" then that would be ok. From what I've heard though Norton has many kids that come to Notron that could go to the county school system. They come to Norton because they feel Norton gives them a better education experience. More teacher interaction.
    from their statements they want to do away with Norton as a shcool and convert the high shcool to a Governer's School. Walter Crouse just suggested this and I don't believe it will happen. and I Hope it doesn't happen. I can't see that benefitiing the kids at all. I can see in they wanted to combine Norton and Appalachia into a new school though.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders to join County schools?

    Walter Crouse, from district 4, said 2007-08 budget planning needed to begin as soon
    as the 2006-2007 budget was finalized and approved by the Board of Supervisors. He
    suggested that utilization of budget committees should continue, Norton must be
    brought into the Wise County system within 3-5 years, J. I. Burton High School should
    be converted to a Governor=s School, regional school districts should be considered,
    and that SOLs should be eliminated.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders to join County schools?

    It doesn't shock me that now it has been suggested Norton join the county schools. Norton like any other small school would probably like for things to stay the way they are. I couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to combine. But IF it really will benefit the kids education to combine then I see some good for the students. I just don't want to hear all these suggestions and make everyone believe it then come time once it has been combined and really the opportunity's for a better education are not true. I don't have the answers for combining or what really the advantage will be for the students. I do think anything and everything will be promised for our kids in school to combine but after all is said and done we (the parents) are stuck with paying more out of pocket for a idea of those elected and no real big difference is offered to our kids.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders to join County schools?

    Norton has no need to join the county schools, our finances are in better shape than the county. Why would we want to deal with the mess that the county has got itself into?
    crack is whack

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders to join County schools?

    ^^^^

    what monkeyhead says, it doesnt make any sense whatsover. Its not like norton is broke. The city itself is probably the most wealthy in wise county. What would joining the county bring to the table other than a f'n mess. Id rather have norton people caring about norton city schools than somebody from wise that doesnt give a crap about appalachia wanting to tear the joint down. Things are fine the way they are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •